Dear Parents and Students:
Welcome from Busan International Foreign School!
You have chosen a school with a distinguished tradition of providing educational excellence in the beautiful city of Busan. We have been serving the international families of Busan for over 30 years and we are keen to embrace your family as active participants in the next chapter of our dynamic history! Whether you are a new family or a returning family, it is our joy to welcome you to what promises to be an exciting year!
Each new school year is full of great expectations and fervent hope. We are eager to invite your partnership as we provide an education that will challenge and inspire! Our talented, dedicated and caring faculty and staff have been hard at work getting things ready for you.
Here are some important dates for next week:
Wednesday, August 10th from 10am to 11am â€“ New student and family Orientation at BIFS. This is a special time for new students and their families to come to campus, meet the administration and your teacher, find your classroom, stop by the PE uniform shop, touch base with transportation, check in with our nurse and get ready of the opening day of school the next day. We strongly encourage our new students and parents to attend. Orientation will begin in the Gym at 10am. School Bussing is available. If you wish to ride the BIFS school bus to this event, please contact our Bus Coordinator, Ms Becky Noh at 051-742-3332 ext. 134, or 010-9967-2542 or [email protected] to make a booking. The deadline for booking a seat on the bus is the end of the day on Monday, August 8th. We look forward to welcoming you to the BIFS family and assisting you with your transition.
- Thursday, August 11th from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm – Opening Day of School. We look forward to welcoming everyone to the 2016-17 school year! Our schedule for the first day of school will be as follows;
- Parents are invited to a â€œWelcome Coffeeâ€ at 8:45 am in the ELC Assembly Hall to meet the PTA and the Head of School to learn more about BIFS and the many ways parents at BIFS can be involved.
- At 2:35 pm, we will have a whole school Opening Assembly in the Gym. Parents are welcome to attend this event as well.
- The PTA will then host an â€œIce Cream Socialâ€ after the opening assembly so we can begin to build community and celebrate the opening day of school.
- At 3:15 pm, students will return to their classrooms to pick up their school bags and wrap up the first day.
- At 3:30 pm, school will be dismissed. School buses will depart at 3:40 pm. There will be no late bus.
- Please note,
- The first day for the bus routes is on the first day of school, Thursday, August 11.
- There will be no after school activities the first week of school. More information about the start of activities will be coming soon after school begins.
- On Monday, August 15th (National Liberation Day), BIFS will be in session. We will have a full day of school on this day.
â€œEducation is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire!â€ â€“ William Butler Yeats
Education is our vocation and we are passionate about what we do. We believe in providing all students with a quality and caring international learning experience that will serve them well in their future academic endeavors and in life. Our goal is for each of our students to explore, discover and thrive at BIFS! We look forward to partnering with you in this effort.
Together we are going to have an incredible year!
Head of School