Board of Governors
The International School of Busan is governed by a 10-member volunteer Board of Governors drawn from diverse cultural and business backgrounds. Board members, comprising of parents and members of the international community are elected by the parents to work in partnership with the ISB leadership to ensure a world-class education for every student.
The Board is comprised of a chair, treasurer, secretary, four parent representatives and three non-parent representatives. The role of the Board is as follows:
- To prepare a clear statement of the school’s mission and objectives.
- To review and maintain bylaws, and establish policies and plans consistent with the mission.
- To be accountable for the financial well-being of the school, including capital assets, operating budgets, fund-raising, and endowments.
- Delegate the day to day operation of the school to the Head of School and govern through policy.
- Select, support, and nurture the Head of School.
- Set the strategic direction of the school to ensure the long term viability of the organization.
- Develop itself through new board member orientation, ongoing education, and leadership succession planning.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and minimize exposure to legal action.
The School’s Board of Governors meets each month while school is in session. Members of the school community are encouraged to stand for Board membership and to also nominate suitable candidates for the non-parent positions. Board members are often outstanding members of the community who may also have financial, business, or educational experience that they can bring to the school. Being a Board member is a voluntary position, for which there is no salary. The ISB Board of Governors may be contacted through the Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org