We are proud of our students at BIFS!
Over the past week, I have been delighted to hear of the behaviour of the students at BIFS. On three separate occasions, visitors from outside the school have taken the time to send me wonderful emails or pass on comments when they visited our campus, praising the behaviour of our students. Today was no exception. Professor Rod Ruoff from UNIST located in Ulsan, presented an interesting session to the students in grade 7 & 8. His session was entitled – “What makes Science fun?” I have had three teachers today let me know how well behaved and respectful the students were throughout the entire presentation. They listened attentively and asked appropriate questions when the time was right. Again, wonderful to see and hear!
Personal Project Showcase
Wednesday, Feb. 28
9:30 am – 6:00 pm
Questions to help students prepare for the final report
- What was your goal?
- What makes your goal personally relevant to you?
- What made it a challenging goal?
- Did your goal change? If so, how and why?
- What Global Context did you choose? Why?
- What other global context could you have chosen?
- What did you already know about your topic? Where did you learn it?
- What did you have to research in order to accomplish your goals?
- Were you able to use any primary source?
- Was it difficult to find good sources?
- Did you discuss your research with peers? teachers? librarian?
- How did this project help improve your research skills?
- What are some of the key things that you learned? any surprises?
- Were you able to meet all the deadlines? Why or why not?
- How did you do your action plan? Did it work for you?
- How did you document your progress? photos? blog posts? checklists? Managebac?
- What specifications/criteria did you design to judge whether your met your goal?
- What are the strengths of your product? areas for improvement?
- What would you do differently next time?
Self Management – time management, organization, perseverance, dealing with failure
- How did you manage your time?
- What were your areas of strength? Improvement?
- What did you do to keep yourself motivated?
- What thinking skills did you need to use/develop to complete your product?
- What problems did you have to develop solutions for?
Communication and Social Skills
- What communication skills did you use/develop to complete this project?
- How did you work with your supervisor to complete this project?
- What social skills did you use to complete the project?
- What did you learn about yourself during this project?
- How will this project help you organize yourself for the extended essay?
- What would you do differently?
Grade 12 Examination preparation sessions begin.
It might seem like a long time off in the distance, but in reality, the final exams for the students in grade 12 are ‘just around the corner’! Ms Shenstone has put in place a comprehensive revision programme for the remainder of this term as well as into April. From Monday through to Thursday each week, the school is open for the grade 12 students from 3.30-6.30pm. Revision sessions are being run by all the Grade 12 teachers throughout the High School building. The library is open for students to work in relative quiet. We have had, on average, 26 students each night staying back late. We now have a number of students in grade 11 also choosing to join us! Please find HERE, the schedule until April 19.
The Olympics @ BIFS
Well the Olympics in Pyeong Chang are over and so are the BIFS Olympics! As you can see the students in grades 6-10 enjoyed a week of awesome activities and great fun. As you can see in the images below, ‘The Luge!’ was a particularly challenging event!
College Counselling – For Parents!
Last week our College Counsellor, GJ Woo delivered a tremendous information session on how parents can support their children when they begin the difficult task of College/University Applications.
College Counselling – For Grade 10 Students
University guidance programs (Grade 10 and 11)
Upcoming University Visits
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS SHOWCASE THEIR ART CREATIVITY
“Ism” – The Busan International Foreign School Art Show Opens March 9 at
Haeundae Cultural Center