Thank you for your interest in the International School of Busan (ISB).
We welcome you to visit our campus to learn more about ISB. Our Admissions team will arrange a personalised tour for your family and explain the details of the enrolment process to you. As an international school, we accept applications throughout the year.
Please contact our admissions office at [email protected] for more information or use our online admissions portal. We are also more than happy to arrange call over the telephone or we can schedule a Skype or Face Time if you have any questions. We have staff available who can answer your questions in a range of different languages if required.
Students are eligible for admission when the following criteria are met:
- Students must meet ISB academic and behavioural standards. Previous academic history and/or admissions testing must indicate that they can achieve at a level comparable to their ISB classmates.
- Each student must live with at least one of the student’s parents or legal guardian recognised by the school. Any exceptions should be communicated by the Head of School to the Board of Governors.
- Students requiring the assistance of an English as Additional Language (EAL) program will be enrolled on a space available basis.
- Applicants who are siblings of currently enrolled students shall be moved to the top of the wait pool.
- All tuition and fees must be paid by the designated due date.
- Parents will be provided information both verbally and in writing on the mission and philosophy of the school during the admission process. Parents agree to support the rules and regulations of the school as a part of their student’s acceptance into ISB.
The school reserves the right to refuse admission or revise their agreement for admission (including suspension or dismissal) after initial enrolment if:
- Any documentation has been misrepresented or proves to be false.
- Any relevant information has been withheld from the School.
- The student cannot benefit from the educational programs offered.
- The student displays behaviour inconsistent with the ethos of the School.
If there is any uncertainty as to eligibility for enrolment, please contact the school.
Students must complete the entire previous school year before entering the next grade level. In the instance that a child transfers from a country or school system with a school year that does not align with ISB, the child will need to complete their current grade on entry to ISB. This may mean that a child will repeat up to a semester of the school year. No exceptions will be made to this policy even if a child’s date of birth indicates they would enter in the next grade level.
ISB Age Chart 2021-22
Early Years 1 (EY1) 3 turning 4 during the school year 1st Sept 17 – 31st Aug 18
Early Years 2 (EY2) 4 turning 5 during the school year 1st Sept 16 – 31st Aug 17
Kindergarten 5 turning 6 during the school year 1st Sept 15 – 31st Aug 16
Grade 1 6 turning 7 during the school year 1st Sept 14 – 31st Aug 15
Grade 2 7 turning 8 during the school year 1st Sept 13 – 31st Aug 14
Grade 3 8 turning 9 during the school year 1st Sept 12 – 31st Aug 13
Grade 4 9 turning 10 during the school year 1st Sept 11 – 31st Aug 12
Grade 5 10 turning 11 during the school year 1st Sept 10 – 31st Aug 11
Grade 6 11 turning 12 during the school year 1st Sept 09 – 31st Aug 10
Grade 7 12 turning 13 during the school year 1st Sept 08 – 31st Aug 09
Grade 8 13 turning 14 during the school year 1st Sept 07 – 31st Aug 08
Grade 9 14 turning 15 during the school year 1st Sept 06 – 31st Aug 07
Grade 10 15 turning 16 during the school year 1st Sept 05 – 31st Aug 06
Grade 11 16 turning 17 during the school year 1st Sept 04 – 31st Aug 05
Grade 12 17 turning 18 during the school year 1st Sept 03 – 31st Aug 04
*Students will be placed according to their age on September 1st of their year of entry.